Static Grounding for Process Plant & Equipment
Powder processing operations generate high levels of electrostatic charge and if allowed to accumulate on conductive parts of plant equipment that are electrically isolated from earth, there is a high probability that incendive static spark discharges could ignite locally present potentially combustible or flammable atmospheres.
The Earth-Rite MULTIPOINT is a unique static grounding system which monitors up to 8 potentially isolated conductive components on processing machinery engaged in powder processing operations within zoned or classified areas.
Powder processing operations that generate high levels of static charge and are known to cause combustible dust explosions are:
- dust collection
- powder grinding and pulverising
- powder conveying operations
- silo and container filling and emptying
- fluid bed drying
- powder mixing and blending
The Earth-Rite MULTIPOINT is designed to form one complete grounding circuit through the isolated parts on the process machinery. The system monitors the circuit ensuring the resistance of connections is 10 ohms or less. If the system detects a rise above 10 ohms in the circuit, LED array situated in the indicator station will pinpoint the location of the potentially isolated part. The interlocking output contact can interface with PLCs to halt the process or alert personnel to the potential hazard.
- monitors up to 8 potentially isolated points as part of one complete circuit.
- LED array pinpoints locations that are potentially isolated and at risk of accumulating incendive electrostatic charges.
- Flexible unit installation with temporary or permanent connection options available.
- Corrosion resistant and hygienic stainless steel.
- Power Supply Unit/I.S. Interface Module (for safe area installation).
- Marshalling Junction Box for ease of cable routing and installation.